Frenetic Experience Studio
Based in France
Birth of Papyrus is a platform/puzzle game telling the story of two ghostly girls traveling between two worlds. You control Jem, an 11 years old girl lost in these worlds and searching for signs of life. Although she's transparent to the eyes of all, she will meet strange characters in her quest for existence: an impulsive boy as a shadow wearing a top hat and her mysterious twin named Hina, whose fate seems strongly linked to hers...
Project Papyrus started from nothing. At first it was just one image: a little girl riding a bicycle in an abstract world. This image became a gameplay, a scenario, and then an enthusiastic team. The game is carry only by the passion of amateurs who have joined around a vision: "tell a dramatic and modern fairytale, bearing a high temporal and spatial transcendence, several reading levels and a gameplay supporting everything."
- A fairytale as dramatic as poetic where space and time are intertwined, on the border between two worlds.
- An experimental storytelling playing with objects symbolic, multiple reading levels and a post-game reinterpretation.
- A gameplay involved in the narrative, combining exploration phases with platform/puzzle levels.
- A rich and surprising puzzle environment, based on cooperation with an impulsive imaginary friend.
- A contrasted visual between a dull realistic world and a dreamlike parallel world.
- A musical atmosphere unique of its kind, entirely played on piano and integrated into the story.
Birth of Papyrus: Demo "Posterity" - Trailer YouTube
Birth of Papyrus: Demo "Posterity" - Gameplay YouTube
Logo & Icon
Official development blog projectpapyrus.blogspot.com.
IndieDB game page indiedb.com.
About Frenetic Experience Studio
Frenetic Experience Studio is a French amateur team of video game development. It's a meeting of young enthusiasts students or freelancers from different backgrounds who want to express themselves artistically through their passion for video games. We aim to create alternative gaming experiences, confronting players with new emotions and bearing a pronounced narrative dimension.
More information on Frenetic Experience Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Birth of Papyrus Credits
Game Design, Story, Programming
Marie Debora Steux